For all students, homework is an important part of learning at NUAST.
NUAST believes that homework is important in:
- Reinforcing, broadening and extending the school curriculum
- enabling students to understand that independent learning is vital to achieving success and highly desired by employers and further education
- instilling the importance of life-long learning
- encouraging organisational skills and self-discipline.
Homework is set for a variety of reasons, which are:
- to encourage and develop self-discipline, planning and time management skills
- to encourage and develop independent study habits
- to give students a sense of responsibility for, and a commitment to their learning
- to allow reinforcing, extending and consolidating of work done in lessons
- to involve parents/carers as partners in education
- to develop revision skills and efficient preparation for assessments.
- Watch out!! The NUAST bikers are about!
We are extremely pleased to offer Bikeability cycle training as part of our enrichment programme. (Physical Education - 13/10/2021)
- The Fantastic Four
2nd place for the green team in the Inclusive Cross Country Relay event at Colwick Park! (Physical Education - 06/10/2021)
- Huge Results for our Year 10 Football Team!!
Well done to all students who took part in the year 10 football tournament! (Physical Education - 05/10/2021)
- Great Results From Our Y8 Netball Team!
Congratulations to our year 8 netball team who narrowly missed out on 'bronze' by 1 point! (Physical Education - 27/09/2021)
- Year 8 Netball
A great start to the year 8 netball tournament! (Physical Education - 20/09/2021)